Develop your leadership skills
Take a leading role in the campaign to promote our members’ rights and fight for educational justice! The CTU’s 2020 Summer Organizing Institute will provide training in organizing skills, leadership and union and community education issues. If interested, please send a cover letter and resume by June 10, 2020, to April Stigger in the Organizing Department at Organizing@ctulocal1.org.
Dates and details
Summer Organizing Institute begins July 6. Institute will end on August 1. Interns will receive a weekly stipend and reimbursement for transportation expenses. The Organizing Institute is open to all CTU members: PSRPs, clinicians and all other educators are encouraged to apply.
Activities and Requirements
Due to the current pandemic, this year’s institute will be online. Interns will reach out to CTU members, parents and community leaders:
- to prepare for the fall under COVID;
- to enforce our contract wins on smaller class size, special education, a nurse for every school, expanded sanctuary and paraprofessionals rights; and
- to engage in other struggles to improve our schools and our jobs.
Interns will also organize meetings and public events, mobilize members safely, and develop grassroots leaders.
The position requires:
- Strong communications skills and a passion for social justice;
- Minimum four-week commitment; and
- Bilingual abilities are a plus;
Help build the movement for good schools for all while learning skills that will help you become a school leader when you return to your school in the fall!
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume by June 10, 2020, to April Stigger in the Organizing Department at Organizing@ctulocal1.org.