Registration Info for Nomination Meeting
Nominations will be taken on Monday, February 22 from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Click the button below for the Zoom registration page. Once you register, you’ll receive a personalized link to the meeting in your email. If the meeting has already begun when you go to this page, a button will appear on the page to join the meeting immediately.Zoom Registration
You can also call in by phone. Dial 312-626-6799. Enter the Webinar ID: 998 1359 5622 then hit #. If prompted for a passcode, enter 418591 and hit #.
- January 20, 2021 – Notice of nominations and election for retiree delegates will be sent via email and USPS, and posted on the CTU website.
- January 22, 2021, 5:00pm – Deadline for receipt of membership dues at the Chicago Teachers Union, 1901 W. Carroll Ave., Chicago IL 60612, ATTN: Membership Department in order to participate in the retiree delegate elections.
- February 22, 2021 – The nomination meeting will be held via zoom. Members that are unable to meet through the Zoom App may dial in and participate by phone.
- Nominees and nominators must be retiree members in good standing.** At the nomination meeting, members who nominate candidates and second the nomination must be retiree members. Retiree members may nominate themselves, but must get a second from another retiree union member. Members who cannot attend the meeting may have another retiree member in attendance nominate them, and a different retiree member in attendance second the nomination.
- February 25, 2021 – The CTU Membership Department will verify the membership status of the nominees and nominators and notify via phone and email the nominees’ eligibility to run for retiree delete.
- March 1, 2021, 5:00pm – Deadline for nominees to notify the CTU via phone at (312) 329-6215 or email at NormaAlbor@ctulocal1.org that they decline their nomination and have their name removed from the retiree delegate ballot.
- March 2, 2021 – Candidates wishing to mail campaign literature at their own cost to retiree members must contact Norma Albor at NormaAlbor@ctulocal1.org or call at (312) 329-6215 beginning March 2, 2021. The Membership Department will provide the name and contact information of the mail house. The candidate may contact the mail house to plan the distribution date of the campaign literature and payment.
- March 17, 2021 – Retiree delegate ballots mailed through the USPS.
- April 7, 2021, 5:00pm – During the counting of ballots, each candidate is allowed a maximum of two observers, including himself/herself. People wanting to observe the ballot count must notify the CTU at NormaAlbor@ctulocal1.org by April 7, 2021, 5pm.
- April 14, 2021, 5:00pm – Deadline for receipt of ballots at the Chicago Teachers Union, 1901 W Carroll Ave., Chicago IL 60612. The Rules and Elections Committee will begin the counting of ballots at 5:00pm.
- April, 16, 2021 – Retiree delegate election results are emailed to the retiree members and posted on the CTU website.
- April, 23, 2021 – Retiree delegate elections results are mailed to the retiree members.
- The number of delegate vacancies will be determined based on the formulas provided in Article VI, Section 2 of the CTU Constitution and By-Laws using the numbers of members on December 31, 2020. One (1) Delegate shall be elected for each one-hundred (100) retired members.
- To be eligible to participate in the 2021-2023 Retiree Delegate Elections membership dues must be received at the Chicago Teachers Union, 1901 W. Carroll Ave., Chicago IL 60612, ATTN: Membership Department no later than 5:00pm on Friday, January 22.