- December 11, 2023, 5:00 p.m. – Deadline for receipt of membership dues in order to participate in the retiree delegate elections. *Send dues to Chicago Teachers Union, 1901 W. Carroll Ave., Chicago IL 60612, ATTN: Membership Department.
- December 14, 2023, 1:30 p.m. – Nominations for Retiree Delegates will be taken at the end of the Retiree Luncheon held at the Chicago Teachers Union, 1901 W. Carroll Avenue.**
- December 15, 2023 – The CTU Membership Department will verify the membership status of the nominees and nominators, and notify the candidates via phone and email of their eligibility.
- Beginning December 15, 2023 – Candidates wishing to use the CTU-authorized mail house to distribute campaign literature must contact Norma Albor at NormaAlbor@ctulocal1.org or call at (312) 329-6215. The candidate must contact the mail house to plan the distribution date of the campaign literature and payment. The candidate will be responsible for the cost of their own mailings.
- December 18, 2023, 5:00 p.m. – Deadline for nominees to notify the CTU via phone at (312) 329-6215 or email at NormaAlbor@ctulocal1.org to decline their nomination and have their name removed from the retiree delegate ballot.
- December 19, 2023 – List of retiree delegate candidates sent to retirees via email and USPS.
- December 22, 2023 – Retiree delegate ballots sent via USPS to retirees.
- January 9, 2024, 5:00 p.m. – Deadline for candidates to submit the names of any observers they wish to be present at the ballot count. Candidates must notify the CTU at NormaAlbor@ctulocal1.org. Each candidate is allowed a maximum of two CTU-member observers, including themselves.
- January 22, 2024, 5:00 p.m. – Deadline for receipt of ballots at the Chicago Teachers Union, 1901 W. Carroll Ave., Chicago IL 60612. The Rules and Elections Committee will begin the counting of ballots at 5:00 p.m.
- January 25, 2024 – Retiree delegate election results are emailed to retiree members and posted on the CTU website.
- January 26, 2024 – Retiree delegate election results are mailed via USPS to retiree members.
*The number of delegate positions is determined based on the formula provided in Article VI, Section 2 of the CTU Constitution and By-Laws using the total number of retiree members as of December 11, 2023. One (1) Delegate shall be elected for each one-hundred (100) retired members.
**Nominees, and those who nominate, must be CTU retiree members in good standing. Retiree members may nominate themselves, but must get a second from another retiree member. Members who cannot attend the meeting may have another retiree member in attendance nominate them, and a different retiree member in attendance second the nomination.