The mayor’s lockout of CTU educators imposed additional economic hardship on members already wrestling with a wide range of hardships caused by the pandemic. To help cushion the blow, the AFT and the CTU are extending interest-free loans to any members who lost pay as a result of being locked out.
Who qualifies for the loan?
- Must be an active member of Chicago Teachers Union (CTU).
- CTU active member must complete and submit Form A, attesting that they honored the job action.
- Applicant must be a member of the United Credit Union (UCU).
- An initial deposit of $25 is required to open an account and can be a part of the loan disbursement.
- Must have lost pay due to being locked out by Chicago Public Schools on January 5, 6, 7, and 10, 2022.
When do I apply? How much is the loan, and how do I repay it?
United Credit Union will accept applications beginning Tuesday, January 18, 2022, and ending on Friday, February 4, 2022. The loan amount is $480. The loan has a 0% interest rate. The member will repay through payroll deduction starting Friday, February 11, 2022.
How can I receive the application package?
- Online application
- E-mail a request for an application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request an application in person at United Credit Union branch locations (see below)
I have questions about the lockout loan application. Who can I ask?
- In person at United Credit Union branch locations (see below)
- By phone at 773-376-6000
- E-mail your question to email@example.com