Chicago Public Schools Open Enrollment is now available through November 16, 2018. Please use this time to review your existing benefits coverage and make any desired changes to your elections for 2019.
Please complete the following steps in HR4U by November 16, 2018 at 6 p.m. to enroll in benefits for 2019. To access HR4U from home, you must have remote access software installed on your computer. Visit cps.edu/remoteaccess for instructions on downloading the software.
- Log in to HR4U at edu/HR4U using your CPS username and password.
- Ensure your employee information, such as your address, phone number, and dependent information is up to date. If you are adding dependents for 2019, please review these instructions for submitting proper documentation.
- Review your existing coverage and learn about the benefits available to eligible CPS employees in the 2019 CPS Employee Health and Benefits Handbook.
- If you have questions about the coverage options, vendor representatives will be available to answer your questions at the health and benefits fair on Friday, November 9th from 2:30 – 6 p.m. at the Garfield Park Office Gym located at 2651 W. Washington Blvd.
- You can also call us between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Monday through Friday at 773-553-HR4U (4748).
- Select your 2019 benefits elections. Click here for instructions.
- If you currently have a health or dependent care flexible spending account (FSA), you must re-enroll during Open Enrollment or your account will expire on December 31, 2018. If you are new to FSAs, we encourage you to review and enroll in these benefits to save on your health and dependent care expenses.
- If you have a Health Savings Account, be sure to indicate your 2019 pre-tax contribution.
- If you enroll in a CPS health plan and are not a CTU member, please don’t forget to complete the yearly tobacco attestation to avoid incurring a usage fee in 2019.
- Review your selections and click “submit”. You will need to click “submit” a second time on the following page in order for the system to process your selections.
- You can save your work and submit your elections at any time prior to the deadline on November 16th at 6 p.m.
Should you have any questions, please call the CPS Health & Benefits Team at 773-553-HR4U (4748) between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.