Take a leading role in the campaign to promote our members’ rights and fight for educational justice! CTU’s 2022 Organizing Institute will provide training in organizing skills, leadership and union and community education issues.
In addition to intensive classroom training, Organizing Institute interns will get hands-on organizing experience, conducting outreach to CTU members, parents and community leaders to engage on what recovery means for our schools and how to win it. Interns will build support for the CTU Charter Division contract campaign; enforcement of our CPS contract wins on smaller class sizes, special education, a nurse for every school, and paraprofessionals’ rights; and other struggles to improve our schools and jobs.
Interns will get experience in one-on-one conversations, organizing meetings and public events, safely mobilizing members and developing grassroots leaders. Help build the movement for the schools all students deserve while learning skills that will help you become a school leader when you return to work in the fall!
- Interns will receive a weekly stipend and reimbursement for transportation expenses.
- Position requires strong communications skills and a passion for social justice.
- Three-week commitment (Mon – Fri) during the summer beginning July 6 and ending on July 27.
- Four Saturdays in the fall: Sept. 24, Oct. 1 and 15, and Nov. 5.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
- Open to all CTU members: PSRPs, Charter Division members, clinicians and others strongly encouraged to apply.
We expect to hold most of this summer’s institute in-person with limited online trainings, but will enact strict mitigation measures to ensure safety. In-person training is, of course, subject to change based on COVID rates and conditions.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume by April 22, 2022 to April Stigger in the Organizing Department at Organizing@ctulocal1.org.