Take a leading role in the campaign to promote our members’ rights and fight for educational justice! CTU’s 2023 Summer Organizing Internship will provide training in organizing skills, leadership, and union and community education issues. Apply by Monday, April 24!
It is an exciting time to be part of the CTU’s summer institute! Chicago has elected our own member, Brandon Johnson, to be its mayor and we will be revving up for district contract negotiations and the first ever school board election in Chicago in 2024. This summer will lay the groundwork for those fights ahead.
Interns will meet with CTU members, parents, and community leaders to organize for bilingual and special education, green building improvements, CTE and Sustainable Community Schools, and more funding and resources to improve our schools and our jobs. Interns will organize meetings and public events, mobilize supporters and develop grassroots leaders. Help build the movement for good schools for all, while learning skills that will help you become a school leader when you return in the fall!
- Interns will receive a weekly stipend and reimbursement for transportation expenses.
- Position requires strong communications skills and a passion for social justice.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the city and have access to an automobile.
- Minimum four-week commitment.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
- Open to all CTU members: PSRPs, clinicians and others encouraged to apply.
- Summer Organizing Internship begins June 26, ending on July 29 (we will be off on the week of July 3-7)
The deadline to apply is Monday, April 24!
If you’re interested, please send a cover letter and résumé to April Stigger in the Organizing Department at email@example.com.