Local School Councils
The Chicago Teachers Union is a proud member of the LSC’s 4 All Coalition.
Resist Unsafe CPS Reopening Plan
Several LSCs throughout Chicago have passed resolutions opposing the CPS reopening plans. You can urge your own LSC to pass one, too. Here is a guide to calling a special meeting of the LSC. Below is a link to a sample LSC resolution for this purpose.
Send your resolutions to:
- Mayor Lori Lightfoot at LetterToTheMayor@cityofchicago.org
- CPS Dir. of LSC Relations Dr. Guillermo (Willy) Montes de Oca at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Field Rep and Organizer
- CTU Researcher Sarah Rothschild at SarahRothschild@ctulocal1.org
Guidance on LSCs during COVID-19
Important CPS links to inform and empower your LSC
- Office of LSC Relations – LSC Facilitators: Contact these people if you think LSC rules are being violated at your school.
- LSC Training Portal
- LSC Reference Guide in English
- Guia de Recursos de los LSCs (Spanish LSC Reference Guide)
- CPS Financial Information
- CPS Contracts & Procurement
- CPS Employee Position Files
- School Profiles have LOTS of good information about your school!
Enter your school’s name, click on the link, and then click on the link for the “downloads” section:
- My School My Voice Survey
- Asbestos report
- Facility Assessment
- CPS Data Portal has SQRP, suspension/expulsion data, school achievement data, enrollment and demographic data.
- SQRP Info
- Principal Evaluation Rubric
- 5 Essentials Survey has information on how well organized your school is.
General CTU Announcement
Our new podcast, CTU Speaks! is hosted by Andrea Parker and Jim Staros. We’ll chat about our union, enforcing our contract, and our fight for the schools our children and educators deserve.