Local School Councils
The Chicago Teachers Union is a proud member of the LSC’s 4 All Coalition.
IMPORTANT CPS WEBLINKS TO INFORM AND EMPOWER YOUR LSC:
- Office of LSC Relations – LSC facilitators (contact these people if you think LSC rules are being violated at your school): https://cps.edu/lscrelations/Pages/aboutuslsc.aspx
- LSC Training Portal: http://cpslsctrainingportal.com/
- LSC Reference Guide in English: https://cps.edu/SiteCollectionDocuments/LSCReferenceGuide_English2018_2020.pdf
- LSC Reference Guide in Spanish: https://cps.edu/SiteCollectionDocuments/LSCReferenceGuide_Spanish2018_2020.pdf
- CPS Financial Information: http://www.cps.edu/finance/Pages/financialinfo.aspx
- CPS Contracts & Procurement: http://cps.edu/procurement/Pages/procurement.aspx
- CPS Employee Position Files: http://cps.edu/About_CPS/Financial_information/Pages/EmployeePositionFiles.aspx
- School Profiles (LOTS of good information about your school!): https://cps.edu/Schools/Find_a_school/Pages/findaschool.aspx
Enter your school’s name, click on the link, and then click on the link for the “downloads” section:
- My School My Voice Survey
- Asbestos report
- Facility Assessment
- CPS Data Portal (for SQRP, suspension/expulsion data, school achievement data, enrollment and demographic data: http://cps.edu/schooldata/Pages/SchoolData.aspx
- SQRP Info: https://cps.edu/Performance/Pages/PerformancePolicy.aspx
- Principal Evaluation Rubric: https://cps.edu/principalevaluation/Documents/PrincipalEvaluationRubric.pdf
- 5 Essentials Survey (information on how well organized your school is): https://5-essentials.org/classic/cps/2018/schools/
LSC Elections: Building LSC Power Together
Feb 15, 2020 | Sat | 10:30am – 12:00pm
National Teachers Academy (NTA) 55 West Cermak Road
“If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far , go together.”
This workshop will help coordinate and organize parents and community members together at their respective schools in preparation for the LSC elections in April. We will go over strategies and best practices on how to organize your parents and community members so that we can collectively create change at our schools. We will go over how to how to form a slate and ways to coordinate with school staff.
Email Jianan Shi for more information.
LSCs for All Coalition partners include: The Lugenia Burns Hope Center, Chicago Teachers Union, Kenwood Oakland Community Organization (KOCO), Pilsen Alliance, Chicago United for Equity (CUE), Blocks Together, Northside Action for Justice and Raise Your Hand for Illinois Public Schools.
General CTU Announcement
Illinois is now “right to work for less.” Beat the anti-union attack. Join CTU!