Campaign: Sanctuary Schools
This is three-part series, organized by the CTU Latinx Caucus, explores the sources of trauma for members of our school communities. It seeks to draw on our sources of shared resilience and find ways to grow stronger out of our shared trauma, together.
|Nov. 16||Impact on Teachers and Staff|
|Jan. 20||Youth Struggle and Recovery|
For more information, call 312-329-6247 or email email@example.com.
Chicago calls itself a “Sanctuary City.” Yet, this city still needs to adopt many more actions and policies that would increase protections for all students. That’s especially true for our most vulnerable students who are immigrants, Muslims and LGBTQI. Even as the union joins the fight for these changes, we hope to provide resources for our members to use right now. Use the resources provided here to support and protect students who live under direct threat every day.
Know Your Rights for Immigrants
- What To Do if ICE Arrives –ACLU
- What To Do if ICE Arrives (Spanish) –ACLU
- Emergency Planning Sheet (Spanish & English)
- What to Do if ICE Comes to Your Door (in six languages) —United We Dream and Champaign Federation of Teachers
- Reporting ICE Activity (Spanish & English)—OCAD
- A Brief Guide for Sharing Reports of Raids on Social Media —DRUM
- Know Your Rights: ICE Visits and Travel —CAIR
- How to Protect Your Family in Case of a Raid —Heartland Alliance
- Know Your Rights (English/Spanish) —Enlace Chicago