Volume 81, Issue 2
This issue is only available through PDF download.
In This Issue
- Can you help us get this fixed?2
- Uniting for our future | President’s Message3
- College and career success starts at your school library | Letters4
- It’s time for version 2.0 of the CPS Framework for Teaching | Letters4
- AFT day at Prosser Career Academy5
- Election to fi ll vacancies on the CTU Executive Board5
- We the CTU: Our changing constitution6
- Making the ‘unseen’ visible: Tackling trauma in schools6
- A powerful victoryin the struggle for healthy, clean and well-maintained schools6
- Fighting back against evaluation bias7
- We are one8
- CTU-ChiACTS unification F.A.Q.9
- A contract companion10
- Notice of upcoming delegate elections11
- Celebrating our longest-serving CTU staff12
- Our city, our racial disparities12
- Taking it to the streets13
- Delegates Not Present Wednesday, September 6, 201714
- Delegates Not Present Wednesday, October 4, 201714
- In Memoriam14
- Quest Center Professional Learning15
Kenwood Academy High School community organizes to hold district accountable and improve long-neglected engineering issues.
American Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten joins President Lewis on a tour of the Northwest Side vocational school.
CPS has cut the resources that our students and staff need to tackle trauma. It’s time for that to change.
It is essential that individual schools closely monitor REACH scores at a school-wide level, particularly when there is a change in administration or evaluators.
A CTU-charter union merger will prepare us to fi ght for a more equitable future for our students.
Frequently asked questions and concerns about a potential merger between the Chicago Teachers Union and the Chicago Alliance of Charter Teachers and Staff Local 4343
What you need to know about your contract from a teacher’s perspective.
The 2017 Coalition of Labor Union Women convention brought together women involved in the labor movement from around the country to strategize about the particular challenges facing women workers throughout society.