EPIC teachers and staff are joining the Chicago Teachers Union!
We’re organizing a union!
We’re proud to announce that EPIC teachers and staff are organizing to form a union. We believe this collective will provide us with the voice to fight for:
- Legally mandated supports for diverse learners and English language learners
- Staff retention with timely and fair contracts that reflect accurate roles and duties
- Resources to support student academic, social and emotional growth
- Evaluations that build a culture of support and keep great teachers at EPIC
- Guidance counselors, social workers and a nurse to support students
- Voice for teachers and staff to participate in decision-making
By organizing, teachers and staff will be able to have our voices heard to ensure everyone has a seat at the table. We’re fighting for your students and asking for your support in communicating this to EPIC management.
Stand Up for Teachers and Staff
Sign our petition to EPIC’s management supporting the union drive and calling for a fair contract that provides the stability and resources that our school needs.
EPIC Union News
We, the teachers and staff of EPIC Academy High School, are organizing a union to help prepare students for college, career, and post secondary success by:
- Advocating for and demand the legally- mandated supports for our diverse student body.
- Ensuring all staff receive timely contracts with a transparent salary schedule that accurately reflects responsibilities in order to recruit and retain qualified staff who are dedicated to our community.
- Providing staff with adequate resources to ensure students are supported in their academic, social and emotional growth.
- Developing a revised set of evaluation criteria that is role-specific and includes staff voice.
- Requiring that EPIC hire a team of fulltime guidance counselors, a full-time nurse, and a team of full-time social workers.
- Ensuring that teachers have a protected voice in the decision-making processes that affect our work and our students, especially regarding the distribution of responsibility and accountability within our organizational structure.
All of the above demands are essential to ensure EPIC teachers and staff are able to serve our families and community, so that we can continue to focus fearlessly on whom we should: EPIC’s legendary students.